Congratulations, blogger! You’ve jumped on board the fastest-growing monetization site on the World Wide Web…Sverve! Pat yourself on the back, stand a bit taller…and…uh…
Fabulous question. Hopefully, these tidbits that I’ve learned along my own journey will supply some answers.
Eight Great Habits of Highly Effective Sverve Influencers:
2. Complete your profile! We’re all here on Sverve to make money, yes? To apply for and become engaged on brand campaigns, right? You have the best shot at being engaged and paid if the brands on Sverve have an accurate snapshot of who you are. This means completing all areas on your profile page. Including your blog stats. And your social media links. And your areas of expertise. Would you hire a job applicant who only filled out two thirds of the application? Mmmm hmmmm. ’Nuf said.
3. Be active! Once you’ve filled out your profile, leave a few…or a dozen…or a hundred tips that relate to the topics about which you are knowledgeable and passionate. You’ll immediately see your Sverve score start to rise once you do so. Tip leaving is infinitely easier once you’ve added the Bookmarklet (found in the upper right corner of our index page) to your toolbar. You can then start snagging tips with coordinating images from anywhere on the Web…in just a couple of clicks!
4. Connect with other Sverve users. Comment, share, like, and/or favorite the tips they leave. Check out and comment on your Sverve sisters’ guest posts right here on Sverveblog. AHEM.
Stalk follow them on Sverve, on Twitter, and on Facebook. And…wait for it…Visit their blogs. Yup…that will involve leaving the Svervosphere and connecting with your fellow influencers on a whole new level. And that, my friends, is where it gets fun. To put things in perspective: Don’t your kiddos have even more fun with their classmates when they leave the school grounds and play at one another’s houses?
5. Apply to those campaigns with which you have a real connection. You may feel like a kidlet in a candy shop as you peruse all of the campaigns that Sverve has to offer, but you’ll be doing yourself and Sverve’s brands a favor if you work within your niche. As a mother of two twelve year olds and a nine year old, I wouldn’t dream of applying for a campaign touting a breast pump manufacturer. Well, I guess I could dream of it, but that would be a really, really awkward dream.
6. Don’t lose hope if you aren’t engaged on a campaign to which you have applied. It happens to all of us. Yours truly included. Apply, apply again…it’ll happen with the right brand. I promise.
7. Once you have been engaged on a campaign, talk to the brand! You…yes, you…are an invaluable resource for them. You are a captive audience representing their target market! Give them your feedback! Thank them for the opportunity to work with them! Chat them up on social media platforms! There are real, live people behind those brands…just as there’s a real, live you behind your blog. Unless you are a cyborg blogger. But that is a post for another day and another site altogether.
8. Have fun. Yes, we’re here to make money and grow our blogs. But, cash aside, Sverve is an exciting, thriving community. Make friends. Be you. And have a blast getting your Sverve on.
Sue Coates is an elementary school teacher turned full-time mom of boy/girl twins (age 12) and a nine year-old son. She is the owner and author of The Spin Cycle, a humor/parenting/lifestyle blog with an emphasis in sass. She enjoys running, reading, writing, gardening, red wine, the occasional stint at a karaoke microphone (yes, those two go hand-in-hand), all things social media, and a good laugh. She’s also the Senior Manager of Communications at Sverve. Connect with Sue on her blog, on Twitter, on Facebook, and on Pinterest.