Terms of Service
1.USERS. You may simply browse the Site (a "Visitor"), or you may become a member of Sverve ("Member"). Certain areas of the Site are restricted for Members only. In the event you provide us with information on the Site or Services, you agree to only provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information. If we believe or suspect that your information is not true, accurate, current or complete, we may deny or terminate your access to the Site or Services (or any portion thereof). Visitors agree not to attempt to access Member areas of the Site.
1.RULES REGARDING CONTENT.
a.After all that, you're probably wondering what we do - and you're ready to get started on Sverve. So forget digging through your email for that great restaurant for the special occasion that your friend told you about six months ago. When you access the Site and/or Services, you obtain access to thousands of tips and various kinds of information and materials, all of which we call "Content." Our goal is to take the Content from you, and your friends, and our experts, and everyone else - the best kids activities, deals, restaurants, music - and make them searchable and accessible to you at all times from anywhere. We can show you the best of everything, but we just need you and your friends to provide us Content.
d.You represent and warrant that Your Content will not:
- Infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others;
- Violate the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties;
- Violate any other law, statute, ordinance or regulation, including laws regarding anti-discrimination and false advertising;
- Be false or inaccurate or becomes false or inaccurate at any time;
- Be or contain material that is discriminatory, unlawful, tortious, obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, harmful, threatening, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, harassing, discourteous, hateful, abusive or racially, ethnically, religiously, sexually or otherwise offensive, as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- Disclose or provide information protected under any law, agreement or fiduciary relationship, including but not limited to proprietary or confidential information of others; Misrepresent your identity in any way;
- Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Advocate or encourage any illegal activity or
- Have the potential to create liability for us or cause us to violate the requirements of or to lose the services, in whole or in part, of our Internet service providers or other suppliers.
f.The disclaimers in subsection (c) above apply to Content provided by Sverve experts, Members recommended by us, or Members otherwise designated or rated by us. In no event will we take any responsibility for any Content provided by any Member, and we make no warranty, representation, endorsement, or guarantee regarding, and accept no responsibility or liability for, the quality, content, nature or reliability of any Content provided by any Member or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein.
g.Content posted by Members or us in response to medical questions is not intended to be medical advice or instructions for medical diagnosis or treatment, and no physician-patient relationship is, or is intended to be, created by Content provided by Members or us. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or your emergency number (911 in the United States) immediately. Content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Content should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease without supervision of a doctor or qualified healthcare provider. You should not delay or forego seeking treatment for a medical condition or disregard professional medical advice based on Content.
5.General Rules of User Conduct. It is our goal to make access to our Site and Services a good experience for all of our users. Please remember that the public areas of the Site and Services are viewable by friends and strangers alike. Don't share phone numbers, home addresses, e-mail addresses or any of your personal information or that of others. Do not bully, threaten or harass users. Sverve is not responsible for user actions or policing user activity. Do not engage in conversations with people that make you feel uncomfortable in any way. The following activities are prohibited on the Site and Services. You agree not to, and represent and warrant that you will not:
- Use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit: (a) any portion of the Site or Services; (b) your use of the Site or Services, or (c) your access to the Site or Services, in each case for any purpose other than for which the Site or Services are being provided to you;
- Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Site or Services;
- Upload, distribute or print anything that may be harmful to minors;
- Attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Site, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Site;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems;
- Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Site or Services to which you do not possess access rights;
- Upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code;
- Use the Site or Services to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam;
- Use the Site or Services to stalk, harass or harm another individual;
- Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Site or Services (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
- Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Site and Services or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Site or Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site or Services;
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to extract, "screen scrape," monitor, "mine," or copy any static or dynamic web page on the Site or the Content contained on any such web page for commercial use without our prior express written permission;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Mirror or frame the Site or any Content, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
6.FEEDBACK. In the event that you provide us any ideas, thoughts, criticisms, suggested improvements or other feedback related to the Site or the Services (collectively "Feedback"), you agree we may use the Feedback to modify our Services and that you will not be due any compensation, including any royalty related to the product or service that incorporates your Feedback. You grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, perform, display, import, sell, offer for sale, make, have made and otherwise exploit the Feedback in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to allow others to do the same. This is true whether you provide the Feedback on the Site or through any other method of communication with us, unless we have entered into a separate agreement with you that provides otherwise.
7.SOCIAL NETWORKS. In using certain Services, you authorize us to act on your behalf to access and interact with social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter (any such site, a "SN Site") to retrieve information from, and/or submit information to, such SN Sites at your request. We will not collect your username and password, and we will instead store the unique authorization code (or a "token") provided to us by the SN Site to access it on your behalf. You can revoke our access to an SN Site at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on that site. You should note that an SN Site may change or amend its guidelines and our access to it at any time, and we cannot guarantee that our Services will always include a connection to such SN Site.
8.MODIFICATIONS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Site or Services with or without notice to you. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the Site and/or Services. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to the Site or Services. Continued access to the Site or Services following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Site or Services as so modified. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may immediately terminate your access to the Site and Services at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES.
11.RELEASE. To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release HashTip from any liability related to: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Services, whether caused by any user of the Services or Member, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Services; (b) the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Services or Member; (c) any loss or damage caused by Content posted on the Services or transmitted by and to Members, or any interactions between Members, whether online or offline; and (d) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Site users' or Member communications. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
13.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY WILLING TO PROVIDE ACCESS TO THE SITE AND SERVICES IF YOU AGREE TO CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND TO THIRD PARTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR TO ACCESS, THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON THIRD PARTY MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES IS LIMITED, IN AGGREGATE, TO TEN DOLLARS (U.S. $10.00). WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER MEMBERS, NOR, IN ANY EVENT, WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY MEMBER.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances WILL WE or our licensors be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, OR non-performance of third parties. Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so these exclusions may not apply in individual cases. You may have additional rights that vary from state to state. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty, the scope and duration of such warranty will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
1.COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site or Services;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site or the Services can be reached by mail at: Copyright Agent, HashTip Inc., 87 Westgate Dr., Edison, NJ 08820 or by email at .
b.You are thus GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under this contract EXCEPT for matters that may be taken to small claims court. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. You are entitled to a FAIR HEARING, BUT the arbitration procedures are SIMPLER AND MORE LIMITED THAN RULES APPLICABLE IN COURT. Arbitrator decisions are as enforceable as any court order and are subject to VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT.
c.You and HashTip must abide by the following rules: (a) for any claim that could otherwise be brought in small claims court, the arbitration shall be conducted solely based on written submissions and, if the arbitrator deems it appropriate, a telephonic hearing; (b) if the claim exceeds what can be recovered in a small claims court, the arbitration shall be conducted solely based on written submissions or a telephonic hearing, unless the arbitrator deems a face-to-face hearing is appropriate, in which case one should be held at a location agreed to by you and HashTip, and if the parties cannot agree on a location for the hearing, the arbitrator will determine a location for the proceedings which is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances; (c) the arbitrator's ruling is binding and not merely advisory; (d) ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR HASHTIP MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (e) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, (f) in the event that you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to costs of litigation, HashTip will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive as compared to the cost of litigation, (g) HashTip also reserves the right in its sole and exclusive discretion to assume responsibility for all of the costs of the arbitration; (h) the arbitrator shall honor claims of privilege and privacy recognized at law; (i) a decision by the arbitrator (including any finding of fact and/or conclusion of law) against either you or HashTip shall be confidential unless otherwise required to be disclosed by law or by any administrative body and may not be collaterally used against either of them in existing or subsequent litigation or arbitration involving any other person/HashTip customer; and (j) each side pays its own attorneys' fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees' and litigation expenses.
e.With the exception of subparts (d) and (e) in the paragraph above (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis), if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, either subpart (d) or (e) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor HashTip shall be entitled to arbitration. In the event this arbitration provision is held unenforceable by a court, or in the event AAA refuses to arbitrate the dispute, all controversies, disputes, demands, counts, claims, or causes of action between you and HashTip shall be exclusively brought in the state or federal courts specified in subsection "(d)" above.
f.For more information on AAA, its Rules and Procedures, and how to file an arbitration claim, you may call AAA at 800-778-7879 or visit the AAA website at http://www.adr.org
20.NOTICE VIOLATIONS. We may give notice to you by email, a posting on the Site, or other reasonable means. You must give notice to us in writing via email to or as otherwise expressly provided. If you have any questions or concerns about our Site, your world, or anything else, please give send an e-mail to .